Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Refreshing Limeade & Cherry Limeade


So there is this awesome place down the road from me called the Bargain Factory.  I love this place.  They have a little bit of everything and at majorly discounted prices.  Some of the items are damaged, some are expired and some are perfectly fine.  Last week I found limes that were 10 for $1 and I couldn’t pass them up.  It is extremely hot outside so I decided what better use for them than to make some cold refreshing cherry limeade.
What You Need:
6-8 Limes or (approx. 1 cup lime juice)
1 cup sugar
1 jar of maraschino cherries
2 liter bottle of lemon lime soda of choice
Optional: Cherries and lime slices for garnish
IMGP1383
1. Chill ingredients in freezer (my soda got a nice little slush, just don’t forget it!) or fridge.  If using fresh limes (which I recommend), roll limes around on a hard flat surface to release juices.  Cut limes in half and squeeze juice into a bowl or glass measuring pitcher until you have approximately 1 cup.  You can strain the pulp or leave it, just make sure there are no seeds.  I like a little pulp texture in my limeades, but then you’ll want to make sure you serve with a straw.
IMGP1385
2.  Get a large pitcher and combine soda, sugar, lime juice and jar of cherries with juice (reserve 1/2 jar of cherries for garnish, but use most of juice).  If making original limeade, combine everything except cherries and cherry juice.
IMGP1386
3.  Stir everything together well, then chill in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes or serve immediately over ice.  Do not add ice to pitcher because you don’t want the mix to get watered down.
4.  Optional: Serving in an awesome boot mug and garnishing with lime slices and/or cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment