Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Easy DIY Valentine's Day Party Favors


I take no credit for coming up with these brilliant little favors.  My extremely 
creative mother made these with me when I was in elementary school, long
before Pinterest, Facebook or even the Internet was in very many homes.  I remember
the kids being so excited about them and I had so much fun helping make them.  Well,
now I'm old and have kids of my own to impress.  

You will need: Empty paper towel/toilet paper holders, aluminum foil, decorative tape (I got
mine at Dollar Tree), scissors, Sharpie, stickers & little candy/toys.

I made these 4 with 1 paper towel holder & 1 toilet paper holder,
so do the math with however many kids you are wanting to make them for
and save up those rolls! Or have your family & friends save them for you too!


 First, cut your paper towel rolls into 3rds.  Get a piece of aluminum foil that will completely wrap around tube without excess.  Use tape to adhere foil seam together.


Don't forget to add your candy/toys!  We put in a big heart Ring Pop.
Then pinch ends together, giving them a little slack so that the
foil is not too tight and tears.  My decorative tape was paper so I was able to write on it.  
Then I let my 3 yr.  old daughter put on the stickers.


So cheap & easy!  Can't wait for our Valentine's Day tea party.
Neither can she!


Did you try this?  How did they turn out?

1 comment: